Everything You Need To Know About Buying Gold
Mar 24th 2022
By buying jewellery made of gold, in addition to physical beauty, you also make a kind of financial investment.
Gold is a soft, malleable element that exists in pure, pale yellow colour in nature. This metal does not rust in the presence of air and water. Since gold has the ability to reach very small strands, it is widely used in the jewellery industry.
Of course, it is worth mentioning that this precious element is not only used for investment and use in jewellery, but also in other industries, for example, in electrical wiring or even dentistry, gold is used.
In the gold industry, too, pure gold (24 carats) is often combined with other metals to improve its strength and ductility due to its extreme softness . Copper is the most common metal in gold alloys and makes them redder in colour.
With this introduction, we invite you to read the tricks of buying gold as a profession in this article.
What effect does the purity of gold have on its valuation and price?
As you probably know, all jewellery made of gold has a number like 18K, 14K or 10K. The English letter K next to these numbers is the title of the word karat. They use carats to show the percentage of gold purity. The larger the number of carats, the purer the gold, which is also called carat. Therefore, a high gold grade equals a rising price.
Get acquainted (gain, obtain) with present-day techniques that came from
number like 18K, 14K or 10K. The English letter K next to these numbers is the title of the word karat. They use carats to show the percentage of gold purity. The larger the number of carats, the purer the gold, which is also called carat. Therefore, a high gold grade equals a rising price.
- 24K gold (24K) is pure gold and does not use any other metal compounds.
- 18K Gold consists of 18 units of gold and 6 units of other metals (mostly copper). That is, its gold purity is 75%.
- 14K Gold consists of 14 units of gold and 10 units of other metals. That means its gold purity is 58.3%.
- 12K Gold consists of 12 units of gold and 12 units of other metals. That is, its gold purity is 50%.
- 10 carat gold (10K) consists of 10 units of gold and 14 units of other metals. That means its gold purity is 41.7%. 10 carat gold is the lowest carat gold that is still known and consumed as "gold".
In a country like the United States, most gold is 14 carats.
New Product: Vintage Art Deco Mens 18k Solid White Gold Princess Cut Diamond Ring 5.6mm Size9
If you are planning to invest in gold, you should know that products below 14 carats are not worth keeping. The higher the percentage of gold in a product, the more demand it will have and the easier it will be to sell.
Get acquainted (gain, obtain) with present-day techniques that came from European Gold
- European gold is denoted by numbers that indicate the percentage of gold in it.
- 18-carat gold is marked with the number 750, which indicates 75% of the gold in it.
- 14-carat gold is marked with the number 585, which indicates 58.5% of the gold in it.
- 10 carat gold is marked with the number 417, which indicates 41.7% of the gold in it.
- Get acquainted (gain, obtain) with present-day techniques that came from Gold Jewelry
The carat on gold must be accompanied by a symbol or seal of authenticity of the goods indicating the manufacturer. The country of manufacture of the jewelry must also be listed. Of course, there is no trademark for old gold that is more than one hundred years old. But before buying such products, be sure to calibrate it
alloyed with gold?
As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, pure gold is very soft and can not be shaped to any shape. Therefore, in order for gold to be suitable for daily consumption and to have a higher durability, other metals are combined with it.
Read More: Gold Gift Guide; How To Buy A Valuable And Memorable Gift?
It is also used to change the colour of gold. For example, by adding palladium or nickel, you will have white gold. Or the addition of copper creates a rosy or pink composition. However, if you add silver to gold, you will see a shade of green.
The combination of metals together is called "alloy". "Solid gold" also refers to all products that are at least 10 carats.
When is gold used for plating?
This is done when they want to reduce the final price of the jewellery. In this way, another metal is used to make jewellery, and finally, gold is plated on it. The thicker the coating, the less likely it is to clear over time.
Full gold plating
In some new jewellery, the type of gold used to make the cover is inserted on the product. A mark such as 1/20 12K GF, meaning one twentieth of the final weight of this jewellery, is 12 carat gold.
Gold surface coating
The gold layer in surface coated products is much thinner than in fully coated samples. As a result, they wear away from the metal surface much sooner and disappear.
New Product: Solid 14K Yellow Gold 4 MM Size 8 Comfort Fit Wedding Ring Band Mens Womens
What kind of gold should I buy?
Solid gold is very durable and can be considered a good option for everyday use.
- If you are allergic to nickel or other metals, it is best to choose jewellery that has a high grade. That is, their gold metal is purer. For example, 18 or 22 carat gold.
- If you do not have enough money, you can use gold-plated jewellery. But note that these products are not suitable for permanent use and use them only in special occasions or occasions. Because the possibility of losing the golden level of the product is very high.
- If you do not have financial constraints, always go for purer gold with higher grades so that it can be considered as an economic investment.